Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Last Part

Greetings!
Sadly, today is my last day in Alameda. Over the past weekend, I have had a wonderful time driving all around, eating delicious food, and seeing old places that I have not seen for a while. I walked up and down Park Street with my brother under the warm sun and saw at least four people that I knew. It was nice to be home again.
Alameda Towne Center is another very popular spot. Located right next to the beach, you can find stores such as Kohl's, TJ Max, Old Navy, Sally's Beauty Salon, Beverly's craft store, Radio Shack, and they are in the process of building a Target. Restaurants like Chipotle, Sushi house ( the BEST Japanese restaurant in town), Jamba Juice, Applebee's, and a hamburger joint are also located in this area. Many people come to Alameda just for grocery shopping. The size of our Safeway is about three times as big the average Safeway. Alameda Towne Center is known as a hangout spot. Whether you want to grocery shop at Trader Joes, grab a coffee at Starbucks, go to the post office, rent a movie at Blockbuster, or pick up a book at Borders, Alameda Towne Center has it all. I was fortunate enough to buy a coffee and walk my dog around the area. It was great.
Last night, I went to the Alameda Movie theatre ( the theatre is modeled like an old fashion type theatre with old furniture, but plays the movies of today) and saw the film Hanna. I ate at the famous Taqueria Ramiro and Sons located next to Alameda High School. I also did some shopping for shoes at a store called Doumitt ( located on the corner across from La Penca Azul). I never realized how much there truly is to do in my hometown until I left for school and never seem to have enough time on the weekend to do everything I want to do.
Since the weather is warmer now, people are beginning to pay more attention to the beach as many people like to play beach volleyball, swim, play in the sand, windsurf, wakeboard, or just lay in the sun. Driving through town, from the west end to the east end, neighborhoods change, as well as the types of homes. The variety of homes from the victorian and craftsman era, to the modern day of today are seen on every block.
There are three ways to leave Alameda, and most Alamedians know that the high street bridge exit is the best way out with the least amount of traffic.
As I reflect today on Easter, I am truly blessed to live in such a wonderful place. Covered in trees and full of wonderful people, Alameda is a friendly place to be in and I would never change my hometown for anything. Its uniqueness cannot be described in words. One must experience in to see what I am talking about.
See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment