Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

**Playa del Carmen: Mexico**

As I am lounging in my foldable beach chair the unfamiliar, but warm breeze, crosses my face. I turn my head to see crystal blue waters and pearl white sand. It is Day 1 and the excursion begins here in the warm town of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. “ Welcome to Mexico!” says the bartender who walked over with another drink. Mexico is full of great people, flee markets, clear blue water, delicious restaurants, and of course, the drinking age is 18. I love to walk around with family and friends and enjoy the warm breeze that Mexico presents. In any part, you can find things to do. From wake boarding, banana boating, or even riding a jet ski, Mexico has something for everybody. Every time that I go, my cousin and I get our hair done in braids ( this is very popular and pretty cheap as well). Many people talk about the restaurants in this great place. One of my favorite restaurants in Play del Carmen is Senor Frogs. Their sizzling plates come right to the table as the waiters sing to us in Spanish. My recommendation: the fajitas or the quesadillas. These dishes are to die for! The chicken or beef melts right in your mouth and the quesadilla makes you taste a bite of heaven as you sink your teeth in the first bite and listen to that cheesy crunch. This restaurant is located right on the beach. If you want a drink, or just a bite to eat after a nice swim, Senor Frogs is the place to go. Do not forget to save room for desert. Their ice cream, made fresh, is to die for. They also have an amazing flan dish ( egg custard) which I feel like every other table orders. The deserts are big enough to share and you will still enjoy the full experience if you decide to do this.

Beach volleyball is an activity that many young people like to participate in. If you are with a group of friends at the beach and have the urge to do something other than swim or tan, of course, a competitive yet fun game of volleyball is one of the best activities to take part in. Needless to say, there are other activities as well, but this one is one of the most popular. Many people enjoy kicking a soccer ball around in a patch of green grass, or even throwing a football in the sand. ( Watch out ladies, this might be your dream man's opportunity to "hit" you by accident and secretly just want your phone number). Either way, watching or playing, a day of some beach volleyball or beach football is very entertaining.

I truly recommend everybody to take a vacation to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. It is a very family friendly place and has many things to do. You will not get bored, especially if you decide to go to the beach or walk around everyday. Trust me, you will want to buy everything you see ( I speak from experience) and it will put a dent in your wallet. But, overall the trip is worth it and I hope to go again someday and grab a quesadilla, sit on the beach, and watch the waves of white and blue tease me.

No comments:

Post a Comment