Monday, April 11, 2011

Carmel-by-the-Sea

Hello Passangers! Welcome to your first stop on your trip. I would like to talk about one of my favorite places to visit, Carmel-by-the-Sea. Carmel is located about 74 miles south of Santa Clara, which is perfect for a little weekend get away. The town is full of little shops, great resturants and is also near a beach. One of my favorite things to do in Carmel is go for a walk around the town and window shop. There are also many great resturants to choose from in Carmel. One of my favorite places for dinner is Forge in the Forest, which is located at 5th and Junipero Ave. The resturant has beautiful surrondings and the outdoor sitting is surronded by fireplaces during the cold months. Forge in the Forest has a variety of dishes that could satify the even pickest eater. Their menu includes sandwhiches, salads, pizza, pastas, fish, chicken and steak. Also be sure to save room for dessert, their Chocolate Cookie Dream is to die for. The cookie dream is a giant chocolate chip cookie topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and whipped cream. This dessert is big enough for about four to share and I get one to share each time I go to Carmel. Another great resturant in the area is Katy's Place. Katy's Place is located on Mission Street and serves breakfast and lunch daily. I encourage you to try their pancakes. They are very delicious Next time you are looking for a fun weekend get away, I encourage you to drive over to Carmel. It is a great place to relax, shop and eat. Till Next Time, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment