Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bariloche


Bariloche is a small city in Argentina, which is in the foothill of the Andes. Bariloche is surrounded by lakes and is one of the most famous tourist destinations of South America.
I went with my family in November or 2007 and we had an amazing time. We stayed at the Cacique Iuacayal hotel it was a very nice hotel. It was very clean, the rooms were big and pretty and they had a nice restaurant. The hotel has free wi-fi so you can bring your laptop with you. Also, the hotel had an amazing view because it is next to the Nuhuel Huapi lake plus it has a good location because it is close to downtown, where all the restaurants and stores are.
If you are into skiing, hiking and water sports Bariloche is the place for you!!! just remember that when is summer here in the US is winter in South America. So if you go in July or August it is going to be freezing!
None of us are into that kind of sports so we went to enjoy the food, the amazing view and of course the delicious chocolates and alfajores.
Our favorites alfajores are the Abuela Goye, these are a must have!! we ate so many and we brought home many many more.
In downtown you can find many chocolate stores and some of those stores are also the factories so you can see how they make the chocolate. For chocolates I recommend the Mamuschka.
If you go to the chocolate stores you should also get a hot chocolate which is AMAZING!!! believe me when I say that those calories are worth it because it is made with real chocolate. not like the Atarbucks one that's only with chocolate syrup.
I dont remember very well the name of the restaurants but I do remember one of them. It is a pizza place called Bucanero, we went twice. The pizzas are so good!!! I can say that is the best pizza I've ever had!!!! (and I've been in Italy) so imagine how good these are.
If you want a relaxing vacation you should definitely go to Bariloche! you wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment