Friday, May 27, 2011

Sleeping Bag Upgrades!

I just recently bought two new sleeping bags because the zipper of my previous one broke.  I will miss my old one dearly because it has been all over the world and served me well for 7 years.

REI is currently having a 20% off coupon and I used it to get myself a light travel sleeping bag.  The temperature rating is 45 degrees and only weighs 1.7lbs.  The insulation is down which is why the sleeping bag is a bit on the pricey side.  The sleeping bag is perfect for my summer travels because it's compact and light weight.

I also purchased another sleeping bag in the REI-Outlet store.  It is a REI Mojave +10 Down.  The title says it all.  It is a sleeping bag meant to keep you comfortable at 10 degrees Fahrenheit.  Its insulation is down which allows for a light weight of only 2.372lbs.  It is also very compact.  


I think it's important to have 2 different sleeping bags because there's no point in lugging around extra weight with a 0 degree bag during the summer time.  At the same time, you will not be able to keep yourself warm during the winter camping trips if you only have a 45 degree sleeping bag.  

No comments:

Post a Comment