Monday, May 2, 2011

Ohh Carmel by- the-sea

Hello everybody!
This past weekend, my friends and I decided we wanted to take a little trip. We wanted to go somewhere that would be fun and relaxing. I wanted to get off campus, as they did too. One of my friends suggested that we make a day trip to Carmel. This was an excellent plan because not only was it beautiful out, we had been wanting to dip our toes in the water for a while now. The feeling of wet sand on my body was something I had been craving for a while now. After we figured out who was going to drive and such, we made a trip to Safeway for some snacks.
Carmel is about two hours away from Santa Clara, but it does not seem like it if you have good company, some good music, and snacks. The drive was nice, and not too difficult. The sun was out, and the grass on the mountains looked very green. Once we arrived, we found a parking lot to park and unload... (this was a mistake). We thought the beach would be a lot closer than it was, but it was much farther away. We were tired from walking uphill, but thankfully, we were able to joke about it later. There is parking right next to the beach, and places closer by but we made a mistake by parking in a parking lot. So, for all of you visiting Carmel, make sure you drive up to the beach and see if there is anything closer.
Finally, we arrived at the beach, and it was one of the most calming experiences ever. Most people say that there is a lot to do, and they are right. But we decided to spend the day on the beach with beach towels, a football, a radio, and with the water right at our feet. It was amazing.
After this very long and stressful week, it was nice to take a nap to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. I went into the beach a few times, and spent most of my time in the water, but I was able to get a nice tan too. Even though we did not do much, it was nice to just RELAX. In college, I don't get much time to relax, therefore this was a very special treat.
I enjoyed my time, and I would love to have this opportunity more often. We took snacks to the beach, and played in the sun all day. I would love to go back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment